ARCTIC HIKING TOUR
Mt. Peaks, Plateaus, Fjords and Islands
Join us on this hiker’s journey well off the beaten path for 6 days of hiking & trekking. Experience one of the wildest and most remote corners of Arctic Norway.
Enjoy half to full-day hikes in the heather-covered tundra and taiga. Discover untouched, pristine mountain plateaus, waterfalls, fjords, islands and rivers of the arctic North. Prepare for a close encounter with local wildlife in the land of the midnight sun.
For this active Porsanger adventure, we’ll take you to the Gaisa mountain peaks and waterfalls; to the world’s northernmost pine forest and Porsangerfjord’s mythological island of Reinøya and Europe’s northernmost hike at the North Cape with its spectacular ocean cliffs.
- Mt. Meardevárri trek.
- Reinøya Island Nature Reserve – Boating & hiking.
- Europe’s northernmost hike Knivskjellodden.
- Gaisa waterfall trek.
- Helicopter sightseeing Porsangerfjord to the North Cape. (Optional)
- Delicious Arctic Norwegian Cusine.
- 7 nights of accommodation at Stuenes Lodge.
- Full board – breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea & 3-course dinner.
- Private bedroom – shared bathroom & sauna.
- 6 days of guided hiking.
- Hiking & trekking in National Parks and Nature Reserves.
- Helicopter sightseeing Porsangerfjord to the North Cape. (Optional).
- Transport to the different hiking & trekking areas.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off at Lakselv Airport.
Lodge capacity 6-8 persons. The lodge has 2.5 bathrooms. A minimum amount of participants 6, maximum 8. Alcohol and flights are not included.
The hiking week consists of 6 days of guided day and half-day hikes in various areas, nature reserves, and national parks and 7 nights of lodging.
All outdoor activity is subject to weather conditions at all times. This will determine the order of the destinations days and possible changes to the trip itinerary in regards to optimal safety and for an enjoyable experience.
A lot of the treks are partly off-trail and are following wildlife trails. A reasonable level of good fitness is required and the ability to hike off-trail and an elevation gain of 500 meters. Participants must be able to hike up to 6 hours a day.
Please e-mail us for a detailed day to day trip itinerary.